Hey food lovers! Happy new year, wishing all the best for you in 2021! I am going to upload a breakfast recipe after several main course recipe. This is the easiest and quickest breakfast recipes with egg, anyone can make at home with tons of variations. This menu use 3 main ingredients: egg, veggies and bread. I prefer to choose whole wheat bread because made from 100% whole-wheat flour, high in fiber, vitamins and minerals so maintain our blood sugar and keep you full until lunch time. Veggies that i will use are lettuce, baby spinach, carrot, tomato, green bell pepper and pease. Without a doubt, egg has a lot of benefits for human health. Not only high of protein and vitamins but also contain omega 3 and antioxidant. This fact make an egg become superfood.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but most people don’t have time to make a huge meal (busy in the morning, don’t have time to clean up afterwards or huge meal make some people feel sleppy at the morning). This recipe combine whole bread (source of carbohydrate), egg (source of protein) and veggies (source of vitamins. I think that is perfect combination! This recipe saves time because everything happens in one skillet.
Do you know that sandwich was popularized in England since 1762? It’s been long time ago, John Montago had found sandwich because she had a substantial gambling problem that led him to stay at the table. He asked the housemaid to bring food that he can eat without leaving the table. Montagu like the food and the recipe develop become popular menu in London. Sandwich is becoming favorite until now, not only in America but also around the world.
Another omelette sandwich recipe sometimes add bacon, ham or beef but on this occasion i don’t use it because they are processed meat. I want to make a breakfast menu as healthy as possible. You can eat this food accompany with a cup of tea or coffee. This menu also suitable for people on diet. So, lets start!
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Total Time : 20 minutes
Servings : 4 servings
Ingredients for Healthy Omelette Sandwich, Breakfast Recipes with Egg
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 small egg, beaten
- 1 stalk onion leaves, chopped
- 4 leaf lettuce, wash and dry
- 80 gram baby spinach, wash and dry
- 1 carrot, chopped into long and thin strips
- 1 tomato, sliced become 4 strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into dice
- 50 g pease, wash and dry
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 200 g mozzarella cheese, slice into thin strips
How to Cook Healthy Omelette sandwich
- Preheat water in the pan, boil carrot and pease for around 10 minutes. Drain, place into a separate dish.
- In a bowl beat egg, add onion leaves, green bell pepper, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Stir perfectly.
- Add boiled carrot and pease into the bowl. Mix together.
- Coat nonstick skillet with unsalted butter, tilt left and right side until all the surface exposed with butter.
- Pour 1/4 mixture of egg and vegetable into the pan.
- Place 2 slice bread above the egg, leave for 2 minutes.
- Flip the bread.
- Add lettuce, baby spinach and tomato on one slice of bread. Add cheese and sprinkle parsley.
- Fold the egg that not covers with bread (bottom and two sides), then fold one slice of bread over the second bread.
- Cook for 1 minutes. Repeat until done.
- Enjoy your sandwich!
Tips for Healthy Omelette Sandwich, Breakfast Recipes with Egg
- You can change the veggies with avocado.
- You can skip using cheese and just make omelette sandwich.
- This sandwich has to be consumed within 2 hour after cooked and not refrigerated.