Breakfast with egg recipes variation – Pumpkin is my favorite ingredients for breakfast or dinner beside granola and oatmeal. On the first time, i steamed and ate pumpkin without any toppings or side dish. It is not delicious, plain and decrease my appetite.
The second time, i cooked delicious cake with pumpkin as base ingredients. It’s tasty, escalate appetite but i need more time to baked and unhealthy (high in calories, sweet, not gluten free). Moreover, a pumpkin cake is more suitable as desert than breakfast menu. So, i am going to make healthy pumpkin pancakes.
This recipe is the perfect healthy recipe to start your day. Packed with fiber, they are also free from allergen ingredients. This cuisine inspired by original recipe of pancake but i give a little touch of creativity!
Why did i choose pumpkin as main ingredient? I commonly stated pumpkin as super food. Beyond its good taste, pumpkin is nutritious and linked to many benefit for our health.
Pumpkin is rich in vitamin and minerals. It contains beta-carotene that will change become vitamin A. Pumpkin also high in antioxidant. This substance may prevent from oxidative stress which has been linked to several chronic disease (such as: cancer).
Furthermore, pumpkin contains vitamin C which has been produced immunity system for our body. Anyone who will want to lose weight, simply put pumpkin in your plate as daily food. Dont worry with calories calculation! A cup (245 grams) of pumpkin only contain 50 calories.
You can consume more of it and still take in fewer calories. Pumpkin is originally as a fruit (contain seeds). The seeds of pumpkin also beneficial. They are a great source of protein, fats including omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
These pancakes recipe need a little preparation time. Made with rolled oat or grinded instant oats instead of all purpose flour, which is blended with pumpkin puree, egg, milk and other ingredients.
Easy to make, super healthy, delicious and only need a little time so you will not rush in the morning. I like to add 2 tablespoon of honey as a topping. You can add maple syrup, cheese or chocolate. These recipe can easily made for vegan by eliminating dairy product, and egg. You will love these pumpkin pancakes!
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Ingredients you will need to make Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes, Breakfast with Egg Recipes
- 1 cups (150 grams) instant oats, grind
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 250 ml milk
- 1 cup (150 grams) pumpkin puree
- 3/4 tablespoon backing powder
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- A pinch of vanilla extract
Instruction to cook Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes, Breakfast with Egg Recipes
- First, steam the pumpkin into steamer for 10 minutes. You can also roast the pumpkin. Cook until the flesh is soft and coming away from the skin.
- Take the softened flesh into food processor/blender, blend until smooth. Pumpkin puree is ready to blend with other ingredients. Leave it on the processor/blender.
- Mix egg and brown sugar in separated dish. Stir perfectly with balon whisk.
- Add milk, mix together.
- Add grinded oat, mix together.
- Pour a mixture of egg, sugar, milk and oat to a food processor/blender.
- Add backing powder, salt, vegetable oil, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract. Blend together with pumpkin puree.
- If you dont want to mix with blender/food processor, use balloon whisk to blend.
- Heat a pan over medium low heat.
- Drop a ladle of pancake batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the top of the batter starts to bubble. Gently flip to other side and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Continue cooking all the batter until finish.
- Serve the pancakes with yogurt and maple syrup/honey. I will add some strawberry or banana on the top of the pancake. Ready to eat.
Tips and FAQs
- This recipe will make 10 medium sized pancakes, then the serving size will be 4 pancakes. When i fell hungry, i eat 5 pancakes so this recipe only for 2 portion breakfast with egg recipes.
- You can use rolled oats, just oats or mix with all purpose flour. Add 1/4 cup if you will use flour.
- I dont like to use a lot of spices but if you like other spices such as nutmeg and ground ginger, please add it.
- If you have any seeds (such as: pumpkin seed, flax seeds, chia seeds etc), please add.
- Wrap and save in fridge up to 1 days.