Today’s menu we are going to do some experiment which is Asian recipes with chicken! Chicken is a lean meat with high nutritional value and delicious to taste. It become the most popular food in the world that can cooked in many ways. A different method for cook: fried, baked, grilled, boiled can produce a tons of cuisine will have your mouth watering. Before you cook, make sure you know the part of chicken that proper for the food will have made. Different parts of them have different level of fat and cholesterol.
Chicken katsu or sometimes it called cutlet originally made in Japan. One of it’s recipe was developed in Japan on the 20th century. The genuine recipe was actually using beef cutlets and then pork, but people are continually use it because more tender and easy to process. For Americans, katsu almost similar with nuggets but accompany with salad (some veggies like carrots, white cabbage, red/purple cabbage), add some soy sauce to giving the dish some acid taste. In Japan, tonkatsu sauce become side dish, made from a thick Japanese vegetarian pureed fruit-based brown sauce. On this recipe, i am going to share chicken katsu recipe with salad and simple sauce.
Served for : 4 person
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Ingredients for Asian Recipes with Chicken
- 500 gram chicken breast
- 200 ml fresh milk
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon white pepper
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cooking oil for frying, or as needed
- 100 gram all purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150 gram bread crumbs
- 100 gram white cabbage, shredded
- 100 gram purple/red cabbage, shredded
- 100 gram carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pcs lime
- Sugar, as are needed
- Tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Easy Preparation for Asian Recipes with Chicken
- If you use other part of chicken breast, make sure you have cut all the visible fat. These fats usually look in white color.
- Cut and pounded it into ½ inch thickness.
- Mix salt, white pepper and garlic powder into separate dishes.
- Mix egg and fresh milk into a bowl.
- Prepare coating ingredients: all purpose flour, egg+milk and bread crumbs into different dishes.
How to Cook Asian Recipes with Chicken
- Season the breast on the both side with salt, white pepper and garlic powder mixture. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Coat the chicken breast first in flour, second in mixture of egg and milk, third roll over on the bread crumbs until coat perfectly on both side. Shaking of any excess.
- Pour cooking oil into the frying pan.
- Place it onto the hot oil with 170°C temperature, cook on the both side for 4-5 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Lift from frying pan, drain.
- Cut lime and squeezed.
- Mix with sesame oil and soy sauce, stir well. Add sugar.
- Add mayonaise and add the chopped veggies.
- Mix all the ingredients, stir well, place on the small plates.
- Serving Suggestion
- Add rice on the plate (if you like). Slice the chicken katsu, put on the top of the rice.
- Put sauce or pour on top of chicken katsu.
- Ready to serve and eat.
- Tips and Information
- Use skinless, boundless chicken breast. The breast meat is the leanest with 28 gram containing just 1 gram of fat.
- As you start frying, cook on the right temperature. The bread crumbs will detach from chicken if the temperature too low and it will burn if the temperature too high.
Happy cooking! Enjoy!